May 17, 2007

Vegetable Puffs










My dad on his way back from work would usually stop by this old bakery store near our house where they made the best puffs , flaky stuffed with vegetables or non-veg. They would also sell samosas ,cakes, pastries etc, but I loved the puffs. Even this time when I visited home with my son I was lucky enough to have more puffs from the same place, and my son too loved it.
After coming to the US I was told about the ready made Pastry sheets that are easily available to make puffs. After a lil' bit of hunting I got what I was looking for; Pepperidge farm pastry sheets.





You can find this usually in the frozen section along with the pancakes and waffles.



What u need:
  • pepperidge pastry sheets-1 sheet (to thaw follow instructions on the box)
  • boiled potatoes-2
  • boiled peas-1/2 cup
  • ginger -minced 1/2 teaspoon
  • turmeric-1/4 teaspoon
  • chilli pwd -1/3 teaspoon
  • garam masala or chat masala-1/2 teaspoon
  • cilantro-1 teaspoon chopped fine



Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl. You may add more veges like carrot of ur choice,
You can also replace the veges with cooked chicken or meat, add salt to taste. cut the sheets as the size u need for puffs, and put a tablespoon of the potato mix seal the puff by pressing the edges, if needed use a bit of water.

One sheet can make 6 puffs easily, arrange them in the tray and bake as directed.

Serve with tomato ketchup.
Enjoy!!

Cinnamon rolls

  This year I decided to go on a baking mode with some new cookie recipes and some older tried and tested goodies, Filling up the house with...