What u need:
Cornish hen : cut in bite size marinate with salt , black pepper , paprika and turmeric for at least 30 mins
Red onion - 1 cup chopped
Garlic - 1 tablespoon
Ginger- 1 tablespoon
Green chillies - 4-5
Turmeric - 1 teaspoon
Chilli pwd -2 teaspoon (add spice as needed)
Paprika - 2 teaspoon
Black pepper ground- 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Whole spices - cinnamon sticks , cardamon, bay leaves , black pepper , anise ,mace (few each)
Olive oil-2 tablespoon
Coconut grated - 1/2 cup
Curry leaves - 5- 6 spring
- Heat a pan with the EVOO add the 3/4 of the chopped red onions and sauce for a few minutes , meanwhile grind the remaining red onions, black pepper , ginger and garlic into a fine mixture add into the hot oil and cook till the raw taste goes away or till the onion turns a little brown.
- Grind the coconut , whole spices add some water to make a thick paste
- Add turmeric, paprika, pepper, chill pwd, and garam masala and let it cook for a few mins more till the spice blend into the onion paste.
- Add the cut chicken mix well let it cook for at least 5-10 mins
- Add the ground coconut paste cook some more and add salt , garam masala and curry leaves to taste let it simmer till the chicken is completely cooked.
- Serve with soft appams and Njoy !