February 14, 2016

Strawberry Jam with love




This is by far one of the easiest recipes to make, the other day while I was on  my usual grocery shopping rounds, I came across some really fresh and good strawberries in the produce isle and needless to add I had strawberry jam on my shopping list , those strawberries looked too tempting so I decided to make it from scratch with fresh strawberries  .

One of the recipes that I followed is pretty straight forward and easy done in 30 mins and gone in 2 days :)

What u Need ~
Strawberries - 2 cups cut up
Sugar - 1 cup
Green granny smith apple - 1/2 apple peeled and cut cube size
Blueberries - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 1 table spoon
  • Wash and clean the strawberries cut up in cube size and add to a deep set pan . Add the sugar to the strawberries and cook for few mins , keep stirring the pan.
  • Add the granny smith apples and the blueberries this adds in the much needed pectin and blueberries gives it a denser color. Cook this for at least 30 mins on medium flame with regular stirring.
  • The consistency starts getting thicker , add in the lemon juice , once it has reached to a jam consistency not too thick . Put the stove off let it cool 
  • Skim and discard the foam that usually tends to form on the top of the jam mixture .
  • Spread it on toast or  scones and Njoy !

Happy Valentine's day !






No comments:

Cinnamon rolls

  This year I decided to go on a baking mode with some new cookie recipes and some older tried and tested goodies, Filling up the house with...