Chicken is one of our all time favourite non veg delicacy, and usually tastes good in any shape or form. I had been making chicken mostly the same routine way like curry or with coconut milk or dried chicken, so decided to try something different and something which didn't require a lot of effort too.
Hence my hunt began looking on the Internet (the obvious source) and also the cookery book collection that I had been piling on , that is when I came across a baked and rich chicken recipe in one of the cookery books(the Indian menu planner) called Katte Chicken,
so an experiment was on its way.
I was pretty sure that this would be different from the rest of the chicken dishes I make as it had new ingredients or the ones I never used along with chicken.
Above all that this was going to be baked , but my work paid off (not that I did much :))this turned out really good and is for sure a keeper.
chicken breasts 12
almond paste 3 tbs
black pepper pwd 1 tsp
cumin seeds 1 tsp
capsicum 3 oz (optional)
ginger garlic paste 4tsp
green chilly 4
lemon juice 1tbs
onions in rings 2/3 cup
saffron 1 pinch
salt to taste
butter 1 stick
- Hang the yogurt in a cheese cloth until reduced by half.
- Make a marinade of yogurt, ginger garlic paste salt cumin pepper lemon green chilly and almond paste, leave it aside for half and hour to marinate.
- Grease a baking vessel place the chicken pieces without overlapping. Arrange the onions and capsicum rings over the chicken pieces and pour the remaining marinade over it.
- Add dollops of butter and bake in oven for 20 minutes at 300 F.
- Remove and sprinkle saffron, and let it stay for 10 mins more.
- Serve with roti or hot rice.